Laboratory of Mechanics
Practical experimental work during the basic course of mechanics is held in this laboratory (KEF/FP1, KEF/ME). Laboratory tasks are realised in mechanics, acoustics, vibrations and waves.
The systems Cobra and Vernier are installed in this laboratory. Students have to measure 10 laboratory excercises.
List of laboratory tasks (mechanics, oscillations and waves, acoustics):
- Measurement of the density of the solids by (a) direct method, (b) hydrostatic method and (c) pycnometer.
- Measurement of the density of the liquids by (a) submersible body and (b) connected vessels .
- Measurement of the moment of inertia by (a) direct method, (b) from swing time and by (c) additional body.
- Coupled pendulums – computer based experiment.
- Measurement of the shear modulus by (a) static method and (b) dynamic method.
- Basic acoustic measurements by Kundt tube and cylindrical resonator, examination of musical acoustics by the Vernier system.
- Mechanical hysteresis: (a) measurement of the hysteresis loop, (b) determination of elastic modulus of various materials from the torsion of the rods.
- Measurement of the mathematical pendulum: (a) determination of dependence of T on l, determination of dependence of T on α, (c) determination of g from the swing time.
- Basic measurements and evaluation of oscillations of mathematical pendulum by Vernier system.
- Study of damped oscillations.
- Measurement of gravitational acceleration by reverse pendulum, dependence of oscillation time of physical pendulum on g – Mach´s pendulum.
- Verification of the relation for the oscillation time of a mass suspended on a spring.
In this laboratory also the experimental work in the subject Physics-Technique-Nature takes place (KEF/PFTP). In this part of the laboratory work experimental sets are used as follow: Cornelsen, LeXsolar, thermocamera, comparative mikcroscope, building kits Merkur, Eduxe.